40 Year Recertification Miami-Dade County, City of Hialeah Florida, Coral Gables, Kendall, Homestead, Doral, Springs, Gardens, South Florida and Building Safety Inspection Program Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Hallandale, Weston, Margate, Coral Springs, Tamarac, Broward County is performed by Professional Engineers.
The 40 Year Building Recertification of Real Estate property is a requirement under Section 8-11 (f) of the Miami-Dade County Code.
Buildings that have been in existence for more than 40 years and every 10 years thereafter, need to be inspected for the purpose of determining the general structural and electrical condition.
The fundamental purpose of the required building safety inspection and report is to confirm in reasonable fashion that the 40 Year building or structure under consideration is safe for continued use under the present occupancy.
Re-certification Miami-Dade County, City of Hialeah Florida , Coral Gables, City of Miami Beach and Building Safety Inspection Program Fort Lauderdale, Broward County are performed following the minimum procedural property inspection guidelines.
What inspections are required in a Building Recertification?
A Certification might require the following safety inspections according to the County and City local government guidelines.
- Level of illumination of the parking lot.
- Compliance with guardrail for areas adjacent or abutting a canal, lake or other body of water in the parking spaces.
Destructive test will not be performed.
Which properties are exempted?
Single family residences, duplexes, townhouses and other building with an occupant load of ten (10) or less and 2,000 square feet or less are exempted of the building recertification requirement. Also nonresidential buildings on farms are exempted
What is our service area?
Miami-Dade and Broward County (Building Safety Inspection Program).
We perform all required inspections, in residential and commercial buildings.
Who can sign off the report?
- Professional Engineers (any building).
- Registered Architects (limited scope).
We are an engineering company with mandatory State of Florida Certification of Authorization and Local Business License to offer and perform building inspection and engineering services.
What is the process?
- Professional Engineer will attest the results in a report to the best of their knowledge, belief and professional judgment and based on the conditions observed.
- The report will state if the building under consideration is safe for the specified use and continue occupancy.
- The Certification - Building Inspection report is required to be submitted to the Local Government within 90 days or a violation notice might be issued without further notice and building can be reported as unsafe structures for initiation of condemnation process. You might be liable for a maximum fine of $10,510 and all enforcement costs. Local government Code enforcement unit might vacate and demolish the structure.
Below you can search if your property is forty years old.