What is a 40 Year Recertification Inspection Miami Dade, Broward?
The 40 Year Building Recertification Inspection of Real Estate property is a requirement under Section 8-11 (f) of the Miami-Dade County Code and Broward, for buildings that have been in existence for more than 40 years and every 10 years thereafter, to be inspected for the purpose of determining the general structural and electrical and condition. The fundamental purpose of the required 40 Year Recertification Building Safety Inspection and report is to confirm in reasonable fashion that the building or structure under consideration is safe for continued use under the present occupancy.
40 Year Recertification Hialeah, Coral Gables, Kendall, Homestead, Doral, Dade, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Miramar, Weston, FL.
What inspections are required in a 40 Year Inspection?
A Building Recertification is performed following the County and City local governments guidelines for safety building inspection and might required the following inspections:
- Level of illumination of the parking lot.
- Compliance with guardrail for areas adjacent or abutting a canal, lake or other body of water in the parking spaces.
Destructive test will not be performed.
We perform all the required inspections, in residential and commercial buildings in Miami-Dade County and Broward County (Safety Inspection Program).
Which properties are exempted from Recertification?
Single family homes residences, duplexes, townhouses and other building with an occupant load of ten (10) or less and 2,000 square feet or less are exempted of the required recertification. Also nonresidential buildings on farms are exempted
Who can sign off the Inspection report?
- Professional Engineers (any building).
- Registered Architects (limited scope).
We are an engineering company with mandatory State of Florida Certification of Authorization and Local Business License to offer and perform building inspections and engineering services.
What is the process?
- Professional Engineer will attest the results in a report to the best of their knowledge, belief and professional judgment and based on the conditions observed.
- The Recertification report will state if the building under consideration is safe for the specified use and continue occupancy.
- The Inspection report is required to be submitted to the Local Government within 90 days or a notice of violation might be issued without further notice and building can be reported as unsafe structures for initiation of condemnation process. You might be liable for a maximum fine of $10,510 and all enforcement costs. Local government Code enforcement unit might vacate and demolish the structure.
What is our service area?
City of Miami Beach, City of Hialeah, Florida, FL, Coral Gables, Kendall West, Homestead, Doral, Sunny Isles, The Hammocks, Virginia Gardens, Calusa Club, Allapattah, Coconut Grove, Liberty City, Little Havana, Wynwood, Kendale Lakes, Olympia Heights, Little Haiti, Design District, Coral Reef, Cutler Bay, Pinecrest, Aventura, Surfside, Sweetwater, Opa-Locka, Westchester, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Indian Creek Village, Shores, Medley, Key Biscayne Park, El Portal, South Florida and Building Safety Inspection Program Fort Lauderdale by the Sea, Hollywood, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Hallandale, Weston, Margate, Coral Springs, Tamarac, Davie, Deerfield Pompano, Dania Beach, Sunrise, Plantation, Palmetto, West Oakland Park Southwest Ranches, Hillsboro, Lauderhill, Creek Parkland, Cooper City, Broward County.
Below you can search if your property is forty years old.