The 40 Year Building Recertification is a requirement, under Section 8-11 (f) of the Miami-Dade County Code, for buildings that have been in existence for more than 40 years and every 10 years thereafter, to be inspected for the purpose of determining the general structural and electrical and condition.
The fundamental purpose of the required Building Safety Inspection Program Broward County and report is to confirm in reasonable fashion that the building or structure under consideration is safe for continued use under the present occupancy.
What inspections are required for a Building Recertification?
Building Recertification is performed following the Miami-Dade County and City local governments guidelines for building safety inspection program and might required the following inspections:
- Level of illumination of the parking lot.
- Compliance with guardrail for areas adjacent or abutting a canal, lake or other body of water in the parking spaces.
Destructive test will not be performed.
We perform the required building safety inspection, in residential and commercial buildings in Miami-Dade County and Broward County (Building Safety Inspection Program).
Which properties are exempted from 40 Year Inspection?
Single family homes residences, duplexes, townhouses and other building with an occupant load of ten (10) or less and 2,000 square feet or less are exempted of the required recertification. Also nonresidential buildings on farms are exempted
Who can sign off the Inspection report?
- Professional Engineers (any building).
- Registered Architects (limited scope).
We are an engineering company with mandatory State of Florida Certification of Authorization and Local Business License to offer and perform building inspections and engineering services.
What is the process?
- Professional Engineer will attest the results in a 40-Year Recertification report to the best of their knowledge, belief and professional judgment and based on the conditions observed.
- The Recertification report will state if the building under consideration is safe for the specified use and continue occupancy.
- The Miami Dade Inspection report is required to be submitted to the Local Government within 90 days or a notice of violation might be issued without further notice and building can be reported as unsafe structures for initiation of condemnation process. You might be liable for a maximum fine of $10,510 and all enforcement costs. Local government Code enforcement unit might vacate and demolish the structure.
What is our service area?
40 Year Recertification Inspection City of Coral Gables, Florida, FL, Fort Lauderdale by the Sea, Hollywood Beach, Doral, Coral Gables, Homestead, Kendall West, Kendall Lakes, The Hammocks, Doral, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Weston, Sunny Isles, Hallandale, Hialeah Gardens, Davie, Deerfield Pompano, Dania Beach, Tamarac, Margate, Sunrise, Plantation, Palmetto, Cutler Bay, Pinecrest, Aventura, Shores, Surfside, Sweetwater, Opa-Locka, Westchester, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Indian Creek Village, Springs, Shores, Medley, Key Biscayne Park, El Portal, West Oakland Park, Southwest Ranches, Hillsboro, Lauderhill, Parkland, Cooper City, Virginia Gardens, Calusa Club, Allapattah, West Palm Beach, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Indian Creek Village, Springs, Shores, Medley, Key Biscayne Park, El Portal, West Oakland Park, Southwest Ranches, Hillsboro, Lauderhill, Parkland, Cooper City, Virginia Gardens, Calusa Club, Allapattah, Coconut Grove, Liberty City, Little Havana, Wynwood, Kendale Lakes, Olympia Heights, Little Haiti, Design District, Watson Fisher Island, Carol City, Coral Terrace, Country Club, Florida City, Fontainebleau, Glenvar Hights, Goulds, Leisure City, Princeton, Richmond West, Tamiami, The Crossings, Westview, Little River, University Park, Boca Raton.
Below you can search if your property is forty years old.